Thursday 30 June 2016

The Coconut Craze?



Being relatively new to the coconut game, I was quite skeptical about all the magical properties people claimed the humble coconut held. Ever since I was a child I hated the taste of coconut (anyone who had a Bounty as their chocolate bar of choice was nuts in my opinion...).

A few weeks ago though, I bought my first jar of coconut oil. Not for myself but for my dogs, I had heard that feeding a small amount of coconut oil a day had various health benefits for them, including healthier skin, a healthier coat and aiding their digestion.

Happy, healthy whippets!


As I had found coconut oil to be rather expensive, I avoided buying it until I came across Aldi's own brand 'Coco Loco' Which I believe is around £3 a jar?  The dogs absolutely loved it, I am currently feeding about half a teaspoon each a day melted into their food with hot water.














I was cooking chicken one evening and was feeling adventurous, so I decided to cook it using coconut oil. It smelled like suncream- which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it tasted delicious! I was expecting an over-powering taste of coconut but it just tasted good, like really TASTY chicken. Sadly for me, coconut oil is not really allowed on Slimming World (which I am currently following) so it will have to be a treat for me, but the dogs can carry on having it.


Now I was more open to the whole idea of the coconut, I bought myself a carton of coconut water, in particular the Naked 100% Coconut Water, expecting to hate it.... Of course I didn't, it's so refreshing and delicious! Once again quite expensive and also not really allowed on Slimming World! So another treat for me!














I know there are still many more coconut products for me to try, and I'm actually looking forwards to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment